NEWS: Thomas Cook Liquidation: We are no longer able to take any claims against Thomas Cook Airlines
Our top tips to pass the time if you suffer a flight delay | FairPlane UK / 05.08.2015
- Find out who else is on the flight and complain about the flight delay, it may even make you feel better.
- Each member of your family pick a uniform colour and keep a tally of the number you see – a good game if you have children!
- Go and try out a massage chair. They are really very comfy, just don’t fall asleep and miss the delayed flight!
- Take the chance for some fantasy travel planning – pretend you could be on the next flight out, what would you do when you get there?
- Use the airport free Wi-Fi
- Surreptitiously people watch and imagine where they are going and what they do for a living. Another good game for the family.
- Have a nap, use your 'bag' as a pillow but set an alarm to be safe, you don’t want to miss it when your delayed flight does eventually depart.
- Have a wander round duty free and test out something that smells nice. When you come back, play guess the fragrance with your family.
- Help the children to make a mini-documentary with your phone. Take turns to do impersonations and ask other people to judge the winner.
- See how many people you can spot in socks and sandals – no pointing allowed or you lose a point.
- Use the free wi-fi (see no. 5) to add a post on Facebook about the flight delay. Friends will be sympathetic and jealous at the same time. See if any of your friends have had a longer flight delay than your one.
- Oh yes, if the flight delay is over 3 hours, make your flight delay compensation from the departure lounge using our delayed flight calculator. It’s quick and easy plus, if you share with other passengers, we will give you a bonus if they claim.